At The Blackheath Standard Surgery we work to a set of principles. These are set out in our Patient Charter which is shown below:
• Patients should be greeted in a friendly and welcoming manner in all circumstances.
• Patients have the right to confidentiality.
• Patients should be seen within 30 minutes of their appointment time. Where there is likely to be a delay patients should be informed.
• All patients will be treated equally. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, gender identity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
• Patients will be offered advice on how to stay healthy and avoid illness.
• New patients registering with the surgery will be offered a health check.
• Patients will be referred to a consultant when the Doctor feels this is necessary.
• Patients have the right to ask questions about their health, illness and treatment and to have these questions answered.
• To offer patients an appointment with a healthcare professional within 48hrs.
• To see all patients with genuine urgent need as soon as possible.
Occasionally things do not run smoothly as we would like. This is often due to matters beyond our control, such as sudden emergencies. If you have a complaint or suggestion please write or speak to the Practice Administrator.
Access To Medical Records
Patients have a right to access their medical records. In order to do this, a request must be made in writing and addressed to the Doctor with whom they are registered. Copies of notes will be made available within 28 days of the written request as stated by law. Only copies of notes which do not infringe on other people’s rights will be released.
Freedom Of Information
The Freedom Of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme as a guide to the classes of information the practice intends to routinely make available. This scheme is available from reception.
For more information about the Freedom of Information Act 2000 please click here
The average pay for GPs working in The Blackheath Standard Surgery in the last financial year (2016/17) was £79,073 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 2 full time GPs and 1 part time GP who worked in the practice for more than six months.
The average pay for GPs working in The Blackheath Standard Surgery in the last financial year (2015/16) was £90,958 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full time GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
We strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GP’s, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever, will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.